Irish people have a reputation for their wit and humour. The people of Ireland love to travel, to learn about the world.
The Irish have their own customs, dance, sports, cuisine, language, music, and mythology.
Although Irish (Gaelic) was their main language in the past, today most Irish people speak English.
They have turned speaking into an art form. Their tendency to be lyrical and poetic has resulted in a verbal eloquence.
There are lots of intriguing facts and figures about the Irish people from height to religion that you’ll find interesting.
We’ve collected some insightful facts about the people in Ireland.
1. More than one in five Irish people (21%) have packed sausages in their luggage when going on holidays.
2. 94% of Irish people have thanked the bus driver.
3. Just 5% had their first kiss in the Gaeltacht.
4. 40% of Irish people look at someone’s social media before they go on a date.
5. 34% hide people’s news feeds when they post too many pictures of their pets/babies.
6. 24% of Irish people have tried online dating.
7. Two in five Irish people are friends with their Mammy on Facebook.
8. Over half (54%) make tea if there’s a crisis.
9. 80% of Irish people have eaten a crisp sandwich.
10. Over half (55%) can pull a pint.
11. Over one in ten (13%) Irish people have an embarrassing middle name.
12. Over half (54%) of Irish parents think the kids in their family are smarter than the average child.
13. More than one in four (26%) Irish people still have their first teddy bear.
14. One in five Irish people (20%) will never wear the color of their school uniform again.
15. Just 39% of Irish people say they have had ‘the fear’.
16. Almost one in five (18%) Irish people feel like they know Anne Doyle.
17. 40% of Irish people have clapped when a plane has landed.