If your mother was Irish there is no doubt you will have heard one or two of these sayings.
Be sure to share. 🙂
1. There’s great drying out.
2. Are you going out in that?
3. You’re a divil.
4. You’ll get a chill in your kidneys.
5. Well don’t come crying to me when it happens.
6. Were you born in a barn or what?
7. That was a very quick mass.
8. Would you look at the state of him.
9. It’s only herself.
10. Would you get up out of that.
11. Lookit would you just stop.
12. You’ll have my heart broken.
13. Is there another drop in the pot?
14. You’ll be glad of it later.
15. Don’t make me get the wooden spoon.
16. I’m only taking the mickey out of you.
17. I was mortified.
18. Are you codding me?
19. It was a lovely funeral, all the same.
20. Sure this is it.
21. What did she get in the Leaving, so?
22. And was that with the Honours Maths?
24. You’re acting the maggot now.
25. Would you ever cop on to yourself.
26. There are towels in the hot press.
27. That’s gas altogether.
28. Ask St. Jude, sure.
29. Who’s he related to?
What else did you Irish mother say to you? Comment and share